thebibliophileconfessions

The Bibliophile Confessions

I'm Inah. 20 years old and I read books for passion.

The Leveller
Joy Preble
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
E. Lockhart

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli Holy fricking crap! This book is totally amazing! It's not even halfway through the year but 2015 debuts are already capturing my heart. This has got to be one of the funniest, free-flowing, and refreshing books I've read so far. Although, I haven't read a lot of books that deals with LGBT but don't worry, my mind is completely open about that.

The book tells about the story of Simon, who has this email-pal that goes by the name Blue. They exchange emails almost everyday while keeping their identities a secret, until one thing happened which changed things between them.

Simon is a really great MC. His character is very funny and relatable. I love his sense of humor and he's familiar to me in a way, maybe because he reminds me of my friends who are gay as well. I like his relationship with his friends and family. Also he loves Oreos so I love hin so much because Oreos are life.

His best friends, Leah, Nick and Abby were all great characters too! They're very supportive and kind. Simon's sisters, Norah and Alice and his relationship with them kind of reminds me of my relationship with my sisters, which is very cool.

Blue is really a mystery. I love that mystery aspect of the book because it will keep you thinking who might his identity be. I had a few people in mind and I'm really happy that one of the people in my list turned out to be him.

Another thing I love about this book is that it explores gender and sexuality. I took two courses in Uni regarding these and I'm really glad that I did because it's really liberating and empowering to learn how gender and sexuality appeals to the society. I'm very well aware of the fact that the LBGT community isn't 100% accepted... yet. However, I know that there will come a time that this will change and I hope it's in the near future. The book imparts a very important lesson to everyone regarding accepting oneself and others who they are as a person.

Overall, the book was an amazing read. I still can't believe that this was a debut novel. I'm really looking forward to more of Becky Albertalli's works in the future.