thebibliophileconfessions

The Bibliophile Confessions

I'm Inah. 20 years old and I read books for passion.

The Leveller
Joy Preble
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
E. Lockhart

Desperate Reflections

Desperate Reflections - Shay  West This is a very overdue review. I don't know why I've been putting off reading this book. The premise was really great and I loved the first two but I can't seem to fully grasp this one. Is it because I didn't want the series to end? Or am I not in the mood? I just don't know.

Okay so this book picked up the events from Twisted Reflections wherein Alex continues to fight Drifter and his Master. It started really good and interesting but I was kinda bored in the middle that I actually was skipping some pages and was looking for action.

To be honest, I was very annoyed with Alex's attitude in this book but it's a fact that she's stronger and more confident in this book compared with the first two. However, her confidence were overshadowed by her stubbornness and a little immaturity when it came to her mother dating someone. I was also bothered with the way she always tell herself to get a grip. I don't know why, but I searched for the phrase on my reader and 18 results came out which means the phrase, "Get a grip, Alex!" appeared in the book 18 times.

The plot was really intriguing. I got the answers I was looking for but the narration somehow fell which makes the book dragging. The ending was a bit abrupt for me and somehow open-ended so I'm wondering if there will actually be another one. Also, there were lesser time-travel scenes but it suited the plot.

Still, this book was a good read. The experience I got from reading this book, and series, in general was spectacular.