thebibliophileconfessions

The Bibliophile Confessions

I'm Inah. 20 years old and I read books for passion.

The Leveller
Joy Preble
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
E. Lockhart

A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic - Victoria Schwab I really enjoyed reading this book. This is one of my most anticipated reads of this year. A few months ago, I was able to snag off a sampler galley on Netgalley. WORST. DECISION. EVER.

After reading the sneak peek chapters, I couldn’t get it off my mind. It was so mindblowing and the world-building was amazing. So when I heard there’s going to be a book tour for this, I immediately signed up.

It’s not always that I pick up fantasy books, but when I do, I end up loving it! A Darker Shade of Magic is full of action and twists. The world-building was astonishing. The idea of having four Londons and having travelers going in and out of them is unique.

The characters are well-written. I really loved Kell and Lila’s character. They’re both strong and independent. I quite enjoyed the subtle chemistry between them. What I really loved was the fact that the romance didn’t get in the way of the story and their character developments.

I finished the book in about two days because I seriously couldn’t put it down. I just had to because of school but still, I kept on sneaking a fee pages to read. Haha!

I am very much impressed by Schwab’s writing style! The story is very refreshing and enjoyable to read. I’m definitely be convincing myself to wait until next year for the sequel so I’m most probably be just going to check out her other works.