thebibliophileconfessions

The Bibliophile Confessions

I'm Inah. 20 years old and I read books for passion.

The Leveller
Joy Preble
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
E. Lockhart

An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines - John Green It took me a long time to finish this book, not because it was boring but, because of my academic works. Good thing I finished it in two weeks, because it may eat more time in my schedule (it's our midterms).
Okay, so much for that.
John Green's second novel has got me thinking that in a relationship, there will always be two kinds of people, the Dumper and the Dumpee. It never occurred to me that every relationship that ends, concludes with this. You just have to know whether you are either the Dumper or the Dumpee.
Colin Singleton, a child prodigy/genius, was dumped nineteen times by his nineteen Katherines (I have never been involved in a romantic relationship so I don't know how that feels) engaged in a roadtrip with his bestfriend Hassan, to ease off from K-19 and discover his "Eureka!" moment, and met Lindsey Lee Wells along the way.
The novel's mix of romance and comedy is not new to me, as it was of course John Green, but the way the book was written intrigued me, with all those footnotes, function graphs and mathematical formulas. You may find yourself alienated with those strange mathematical equations (especially with the Theorem), and some of those footnotes really got me laughing. I guess reading this book gave me a new way and worthwhile experience when it comes to reading.
Also, you may find yourself into anagrams after reading this book (which I kind of was), because I'll tell you that I think anagrams are really cool. (I tried to anagram the word 'anagrams' and I ended up with 'a man's rag'. See? they're cool). I also like those foreign words from Hassan and Colin, which they could use in times of trouble, for example, the word sitzpinkler and paardenlul, which translates into wimp and horse's penis respectively.
So if you want to, discover how Colin Singleton proved his Dumper/Dumpee Theorem and discovered his "Eureka!" moment, learn what 'kafir' and dingleberries mean, you better get a hold of this book, fugger!

P.S. That was not a curse, it was just a reference to the book.