thebibliophileconfessions

The Bibliophile Confessions

I'm Inah. 20 years old and I read books for passion.

The Leveller
Joy Preble
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
E. Lockhart

Rouge

Rouge - Isabella Modra I'm so mad at myself for putting this book down for several times that I almost thought of not finishing it. The first part just sort of weirded the hell out of me and I felt so detached to the characters, but I knew that there's something really interesting about the book which kept me going and I was right. Finishing this book was one of the best decisions I've made as a bibliophile. I'm not even exaggerating.

The story was really interesting. The concept wasn't new but the way it was written was really great.

Hunter is a great MC. I loved her from the moment that she was introduced in the story. She may be stubborn sometimes but she's a strong one. Eli is drop-dead gorgeous, at least for me. If you have been reading my blog for a long time, then you most definitely understand my love for nerdy/dorky guys. Welcome to the club, Eli! I really really love that guy. Jack is an interesting character too! I'll admit I had doubts about his character, but I was wrong about him and I'm happy for that. Joshua, on the other hand, was a total shocker. I so did not see that one coming.

I loved the pacing of the story and how it's been told. Honestly, I can't think of anything negative about this book, other than it almost made me cry at the end. I'll give you a hint: Prom scene reminded me of Stephen King's Carrie.

The cover is really beautiful too. What more can I say? Great cover, amazing characters, beautifully-written plot. I would definitely love a physical copy of this book and add it to my collection! This is a must buy for me.

Review also posted on The Bibliophile Confessions