thebibliophileconfessions

The Bibliophile Confessions

I'm Inah. 20 years old and I read books for passion.

The Leveller
Joy Preble
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
E. Lockhart

The Last Thing

The Last Thing - Briana Gaitan Honestly, I thought this book was going to be another cliche romance but it turned out really well. I was very surprised and more than satisfied.

The characters were well-written. Quinn was interesting and mysterious, especially regarding her past. Chase had an excellent character development, which I truly loved. Ginger was my girl! I’m really excited to read more about her on the next book.

At the end of the book, there’s a playlist of really cool indie songs for both Chase and Quinn, which was very interesting. One song from Quinn’s playlist caught my attention immediately. It was a song from one of my favorite bands, Bastille, titled Get Home. I love that the song was included because it really echoes Quinn’s yearning for home and love, to which she found in Chase. If you have listened to the song and have read the book, you may notice that the lyrics seem like written for Quinn.

I found myself smiling all throughout the book. It’s sort of a typical cheesy romance but I really really liked it. It’s a fun and easy read that’s really perfect especially after long, dragging days.

Review also posted on The Bibliophile Confessions